Monday, April 8, 2013

Task 3 Milestone 3 Reflection

The ideas I contributed to my group for this week's activity was suggesting that the focus on the fictional problem be on tackling overpopulation as a meteor hitting earth was too morbid (as Natalie pointed out). Along with other members in the group I also suggested a couple of questions that would help develop our student tasks in our scenario.

This week i was task leader, in which i set up a face to face meeting with other members and communicated with other members who were unable to attend via email and phone. I also assisted Aaron in building the welcome memo for this week's milestone and helped blend the orientation memo that Natalie and Shyann put together.

I encouraged and supported my group members by first having an open line of communication giving them my contact information in which i let them know i was available at all times if they needed help or had a question. This allowed me to work with them immediately when any questions arose. I supported my group's ideas by providing positive feed back, letting my them know i thought there ideas were good. For instance, Shyann asked if her portion of the orientation was good and i let her know that it was perfect and she did an amazing job. 

Initially the group had many questions, but when we got together for collaboration we were able to dispute any issues we were having. I feel we each brought knowledge to the table that allowed us to fill in the gaps of the assignment we didnt quite understand.

 Overall, this assignment was difficult but as always the Greenfoots were able to come out on top. Pat yourselves on the back we did an awesome job! Greenfoots, ftw!

No comments:

Post a Comment