Sunday, March 17, 2013

Task 3 Milestone 1 Reflection

The task leader for our group was Natalie. She created our Google Docs and shared it with us so we can input our findings, where she would later edit and compile the information into the Greenfoot Newsletter. I believe she also worked on the benefits of Problem Based Learning along side Vanessa. The student concerns was tackled by Aaron and myself.

Prior to starting the task I emailed my group in an attempt to initiate the group work, from there my fellow group members selected the tasks they wanted to complete. My role in the task was to find how PBL tackled the concerns of the Ala Ike students. I contributed to my group by researching what PBL was, how it was used, its benefits, and the student concerns it addressed. The source I used to compile my portion of the newsletter was www.personal.psu.edu , with this information I was able to explain how PBL addresses the student concerns of feeling unengaged, unmotivated, unchallenged, bored with stale textbook information, and educators not communicating with students on all levels of learning. 

Emailing the group to discuss the roles of each person for the task and having a Google Doc that was already open for input and later for editing to produce the final product, worked well. Mostly everyone was able to contribute their findings and the task leader was able to look over the information to create a our one page newsletter.

Everything worked out really well, almost everyone was able to communicate and respond to their roles in a timely fashion. Though communication was well, it can be improved. I know everyone has a busy schedule and working on our own time is beneficial and convenient. However, to make group work possible, especially over an online course, regular email checks should be done. This might be difficult because of conflicting situations but email checks are necessary to maintain group participation and keep updated with the information that each person is inputting.

Overall, good job fellow Greenfoots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment