Monday, March 4, 2013

Task 1 Debrief

Before beginning this course I had no experience using personal learning networks whatsoever. As we signed up for various personal learning networks, such Google Reader, Twitter, iGoogle, and Diigo, I learned to engage with and manage my resources. Between all of the networks we signed up for I used Diigo and Google Reader the most. Both personal learning networks were really simply to use, easily accessible (I'm always bookmarking or checking my gmail account), and helped me to arrange my resources in away that has changed my view on online organization.

I really enjoy Google Reader and Diigo, these are filters that I plan to keep on using in order to maintain my current and manage my new resources. I'll admit I probably won't use iGoogle after the course is complete (I also read that iGoogle will no longer be available later on this year); as for Twitter I'll keep it around just to get a better feel for it, I definitely see the potential it has in finding reliable resources.

After experiencing personal learning networks, I definitely see these as tools that are really valuable to prospective, new, and veteran teachers. There is just so much information at our fingertips that is begging to be used, so why not use them to spruce up your career as an educator. Technology is seriously changing the way we live and learn, with all this information at hand teachers should take advantage of these sources to better assist them in reaching and touching the lives of their students.

Here is my screencast made from screenr on the personal learning network, Diigo: http://screenr.com/nmq7

No comments:

Post a Comment